Wednesday, July 18, 2012

finding strength within myself


This is a drawing of something that happened on the first day of shooting at the Cultural Center. I was the director, something I´d never done before, and I had to make decisions about where and how to shoot our interviews. I couldn´t decide where to have Santiago interviewed, and people kept suggesting locations. Edy especially thought it would be best to interview him on the deck on the second floor, with a view of Esteli and the mountains in the background. I´ve had a lot of problems in the past with being assertive and telling people no, but this time I had no hesitation, I just told him no, that we couldn´t film outside because it was about to rain and I didn´t want to move the shoot in the middle of the interview. We found a great indoor location and as we filmed, I felt that great sense of happiness, of knowing that I had trusted myself rather than letting other people making decisions for me.

No comments: