Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Mis uñas


The night of the dance and closing reception/art show I decided to walk home early to spend the evening with my family instead of dancing. It was a great decision! I had a mini party with my host family. Alyeris my host sister bought a 3-liter of pepsi and once she returned to the porch with it, we all rejoiced in soft drinks and loud laughs. They also painted my fingernails, which was a special little exchange. All of the women in that household had beautiful nails that were extravagantly painted and decorated. I felt like one of them with my manicured floral-ey design. Choosing to spend that evening with them gave me a final night of wrapping up my stay at my host family’s house. It’s a fond memory to keep returning to and mis uñas still are a reminder of time spent in my favorite part of Nicaragua – San Juan de Limay - with my host family. 

No comments: