Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Leon: A Reflection of Sorts


Today is the last full day I have here in Nicaragua before I board a plane tomorrow to head back to the states. It's unreal to think that the four and a half weeks we have spent here are now coming to a close. It feels as though we just boarded our bus entering Managua just last week! We have been in Leon for three days now and it has been a great chance to reflect upon all that has happened. I can't speak for everyone on this trip, but I know I am returning home a new person. I still have a lot to reflect upon and I am uncertain how the transition will be tomorrow returning to my native land. I am full of excitement and sadness all at once, returning to a family and friends that I have years worth of history with, but I am also leaving behind two other families I have built here (luckily one of which I will still have a chance to see back in the states). I am leaving behind the town of San Juan de Limay, one which holds many hearts that have captured my own. I am also parting with my newfound sisters and brother, whom I have been blessed to share my time with during this journey. I feel enthralled knowing I will always have a place with them, but this next step will be hard for me knowing that we won't have as much of each other during this time of incoming transition. I can only tell myself this isn't the end for me here, because in my heart I have a knowledge that I will return to this land and I can only hope it is one day soon. 

No comments: