Thursday, August 2, 2012

Second Limay post

So here are a few of my sketchbook pages. This is a lady reading a newspaper in Granada.


This is from the cultural center in Esteli. We're interviewing the director, with Eddie in the foreground. Eddie and the VIMOU people thought it was funny.
This is my breakthrough moment drawing. While everyone else was interviewing people, I was mobbed by kids and I drew their portraits.
Our path to the waterfall. The farmer woman and her little son are herding cows by making "duck, duck duck" noises
Now we're in Limay. Coco, my host family's maid who raised me when my host mom left for Managua, made me tortillas every morning. This is the view from the courtyard looking into the kitchen, where Coco's washing dishes on the left, there are beans stewing in a pot, and the radio's playing.
Limay cultural center. Katherine's teaching the kids typography and they're really into it. No one even noticed me drawing
This is in front of Casa Baltimore Limay, when we were waiting for the bus back to Esteli. There's a guy on a horse.

No comments: