Friday, July 30, 2010

A Place You Ought to Know

As I walk down the streets of Esteli, Nicaragua past all of the concrete houses, I realize that I am thirsty for some fresh squeezed juice. Lucky me, Nicaragua offers a large variety of freshly grown local fruits at very cheap expense. I think I am in a paradise. Meet Maria Gabriella. Our Fearless Leader. Full of Grace. She is offering me some delicious smoothie of some sort. She is not happy to share.












Scenes like these are not something you see anywhere but Nicaragua! As I sit in a tour van, a man zooms by with a cow cozily tucked in the back. Oh, my.








Kiss T-Shirt with Sandel Socks?!
I'm a-makin' new friends everyday. Even with my limited Spanish speaking skills, I find it very easy to make friends with locals. We can't immediately debate politics, but every one is interested in what you have to say. It is a very comfortable and cultivating environment for learning Spanish.

2 comments:

Maria Gabriela Aldana said...

Trami, this is hilarious. Love your commentary and sense of humor. Any picstures of you dancing during the 31st Anniversary of the Revolution??

Trami Thi said...

Fortunately not ha!