Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Nicaragua Journal Entry, Day 1: Arrival

I flew in from Baltimore into Augusto C. Sandino airport on the 2nd of July. I met up with Maria, Aleks, Carrie, Emma, and was introduced to a Nicaraguan native named Wilfredo who I believe has family in Limay but I'm not sure (can't remember). We drove around Managua to get a sense of place. It is simple, casual, the kind of lifestyle I feel comfortable living. While passing through I kept having flashbacks to memories of passing through parts of Puerto Rico. Maddie was supposed to meet up with us at the airport also but she missed her flight. She's on her way her now, as it is dark and everyone is heading to bed. I lay in bed in me and Emma's cabaƱa, writing, indulging in my thoughts on how I miss my love at home, how badly I wish he was here experiencing this paradise with me, as we were enjoying the local beer and swimming in Lake Apoyo, the scenery of the mountains surrounding us. From where we were you could see the mountains we will be hiking tomorrow. I wish he was here for that as well. I meditated among the sounds of the bugs and in the peaceful darkness, with my crystal quartz, and I imagined my love in his bed, thinking of me as I thought of him.

No comments: