Sunday, August 15, 2010

I can't believe how fast the time went. Since arriving back in Esteli, I have not felt like myself. I am lost. Being in Limay was an altering experience. One, I will never forget.

Being in Limay, I cannot emphasize enough my surprise by the students we worked with. These young individuals are so interested and eager to paint and to do art. I cannot explain enough how rewarding that was. It's also upsetting to know that these individuals may not get the opportunity to further improve their skills or pursue art as a career. I am still going through a confusion about being back in Esteli where USA capitalism is so fermented into the city more so than in Limay...

My words would be best after I get the chance to think and write it all out at my own place. For now I'm still trying to enjoy my time here.

No comments: