Friday, July 20, 2012

Breakthrough Moment



My breakthrough moment came last week while I was interacting with the children in the band.  I was mid-way through my week of Spanish classes and I wanted to ask the kids questions so I wasn't just pointing a camera in their faces.  All of a sudden, the word "tocar" (to play) popped up in my head and suddenly I found myself formulating a sentence and asking the children how long they had played their instruments for.  It was so exciting because I had taken Spanish in high school and through my conversation with the kids, things came back to me as they patiently waited for me to formulate proper sentence structure.  I am determined to speak this language to the best of my ability, and with the help of patient listeners, I will continue to try my hardest to communicate.  Here are some of my favorite pictures of the band members.

No comments: