Tuesday, July 10, 2012

First Impressions


“If you’d smile at me, i would understand because that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language.” - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
After only being in Nicaragua for five days, I feel like I’ve been here for quite sometime.  It’s interesting to me that I feel strangely connected to this culture in a way that has not yet manifested into a conscious understanding.  It’s almost as though there is a secret here to reveal, or some kind of revelation to be uncovered.  I’m sure there is, and I am sure I will make the discovery in due time.  I am so excited by the interactions that I am having with the Nicaraguan people.  Even though I don't speak Spanish, I have found that a smile goes a long way here and is always returned.  This is a lovely country and I feel very fortunate to be learning about its history and culture from other artists.

1 comment:

Maria Gabriela Aldana said...

You hit the nail on the head... and on to to something.