Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Coming out of my shell

I tend to be a quiet person, and meeting new people isn't something I enjoy. I tend to stick to people I know, and I rarely strike up a conversation with strangers, because I never know what to say. Meeting the rest of the group was relatively easy because we were all experiencing Nicaragua together, we already had a common bond. Meeting the people from VIMAU was a little bit harder. Not only did I have to switch languages, but what we had in common was also limited. Although we had spent the first week working on the documentary, it wasn't until we went dancing and hung out with our Nicaraguan partners outside of the project that I really felt comfortable around them. 


This week working on the project has been a lot more fun. Even though it's not perfect, I feel like the group isn't split by language barrier, and at dinner we voluntarily mix it up. It took me a little while to come out of my shell, but now I'm a little sad that we have to leave so soon. I'm sure Limay will be great, but I would love to stay in EstelĂ­ with the people I have just started to get to know.

No comments: